Who We Are
Paradise Hills Southern Baptist Church began in a store building on the corner of Reo Drive and Cumberland Street, as a mission of Highland Avenue Baptist Church, National City. A core group of seven or eight families worked to grow the new mission and the first service was held on July 21, 1956.
Since then, the church has been an influence in the community of Paradise Hills and a lighthouse for Jesus Christ. Over the years, hundreds have been won to Christ and several missionaries have been sent to the mission field from Paradise.
In September, 1975 the Children’s Paradise Preschool was opened, and in March, 1983 the last payment was made on the church property and the church became debt-free.
Several pastors have led the congregation over the years, but none served as long as Dr. Aaron Eurich. On May 30, 2011, Dr. Eurich retired after 37 years as the Senior Pastor of the church. Our current Pastor, Frank Booth, Jr., began his ministry here on January 1st, 2012.
- Preaching and teaching God’s Word, the Bible, to others;
- Communicating with God through prayer;
- Giving praise and honor to God through worship;
- Doing life together in Christian fellowship;
- Sharing hope and encouragement with others;
- Learning and doing the truths of Scripture;
- Sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others;*
- Caring about and seeking to meet the needs of others in our community.*
OUR CHURCH’S MISSION:
Our mission is Jesus’ mission, which is “to seek and to save that which was lost” (Luke 19:10) and to fulfill Jesus’ Great Commission to make disciples who make disciples.
“Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20)
Our Mission Statement: “To encourage all people to trust Christ, whole-heartedly follow Him, & passionately share His life-changing love.”